Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

How would YOU be feeling?

I didn't sleep well last night. Maybe it was because it was just a little too hot in our bedroom, or maybe it's because I have a growth the size of a watermelon protruding from my mid-frontal region.


Everyone always asks, how are you feeling? Now how am I supposed to respond to that? If I'm being polite, I'll say "fine." If I'm being honest? Well, let's see.





  • I can't sleep at night because there's no easy way to sleep with a watermelon under your shirt.

  • If I do get to sleep, I wake up every 2 hours with a violent urge to pee like I haven't peed in a week.

  • When I do get up to pee, this usually awakens Sarah Beth, who then proceeds to beat me unmercifully.

  • If I can make it more than 2 hours without running for the bathroom, I'll probably be awakened seizing up with leg cramps, like I've just run a marathon, when it was really just across the room to the toilet.

  • I have constant heartburn, even from eating stale rice cakes.

  • Walking back and forth from the bathroom to the couch 5 times during an episode of Murry physically exhausts me. (Thank God for Tivo; how else would I ever catch a whole episode of anything??)

  • And the BH contractions have started. They aren't too painful yet; just imagine squeezing your waist into a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes too small and wearing them for a few minutes, taking them off, then putting them back on again every 10 minutes or so for an hour.

  • Also, none of my clothes fit properly. I'm wallowing around like a beached walrus in a flowing muumuu after I found out I gained SEVEN POUNDS in ONE MONTH at the doctor yesterday.
  • Also, my back hurts like hell and I have unbearable gas.

Now you tell me, how would you feel?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

unbearable gas huh? what's changed since before you were preggers??? and i am NOT a brat heather... that hurts. really.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

the only thing that's changed, meredith, is that before I was pregnant I could hold it in. It was just more fun when we were in the car together to lock the windows and let it out. you're welcome.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sick.

Anonymous said...

how much do I love you and jack. I wish I could hang out with you 24 hours a day. will you adopt me? I would be a great big sister to Sarah Beth.

Unknown said...

this does not make me want to concieve anytime soon.

mere, you are really not that much of a brat.
i love you.
both of you.
pratically there is love in my heart for all murpheys.

Anonymous said...

awww. thanks heath. can i call you heath? there is love in my heart for all tomlinsons. for all times. especially henry.

baby