Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Eating for Two

Sorry I have been gone for so long!! Yesterday Jack and I went to the doctor to have our 4D sonogram done. It was SO worth the hour long wait in the waiting room with only the young and the restless to keep us company-I scheduled my next appointment during Murry, so I'll at least have some real entertainment while I'm waiting.

Anyway, we got some AMAZING photos of SB; thankfully, she's still a girl. The doctor made that very clear as he looked Jack in the eye and gave him a rundown of the appropriate anatomical terms. Besides the fact that I almost threw up/passed out on the table halfway through, the sonogram was a raging success. She is so beautiful already; this has been a major concern of mine so far during my pregnancy. For those of you who know my brothers and have seen their beautiful kids, you know what Jack and I are up against. But all my fears were put to rest yesterday when I looked into the face of my little girl. Of course, when you put 2 great looking parents together, what do you expect?

Those of you who have never seen a 4D sonogram picture, I know you're thinking I'm a little nuts right now. Just wait until I find someone who has a scanner so you can see for yourself. It's an actual photograph of her. and she looks like a real baby. Even Jack was stunned. It was so cute when I was leaving yesterday afternoon to come to Jackson for the weekend, he didn't want me to take all the pictures with me. He said, "What if I want to look at them while you're gone?"

So I cut a few pictures off the top and left the rest on the refrigerator for him to look at until I get back. He's going to be such a great dad.

More great news-I didn't have to get on the scales this time. We just did the sonogram and I was out of there! As if that wasn't good enough, SB's weight was a little low for her age, so the doctor said I could eat a little more if I wanted to. Well. That was all I needed to hear. Then he followed that up with: it "wouldn't hurt" to increase my carbs. Which of course, I interpreted to mean "Eat whatever you want whenever you want, especially lots of chocolate and ice cream."

We went straight to Wendys after the doctors office, where I promptly ordered a 1/2 lb double stack. with cheese. and fries. AND a sweet tea. The things that were previously off limits were now as right as rain. I almost ate the whole thing. It was so delicious, and SB was jumping for joy. Baby shower food, here I come.

We had to stop by a bank where a client works so I could run in and give her some samples. As Jack studied SB's glamor shots, he became convinced that she looked just like his brother. By the time I got out of the bank, he informed me that he had already called the Murry show to set up our paternity test so he could "get to the bottom of this." You can look for us on Murry at the end of September. But I am 210% positive that Jack is the father.

We went to show his mom the pictures, and while we were there we pulled all the old family photo albums (all 76 of them) off the shelf to compare the baby photos. We went through 900 baby photos, all of Jack, and couldn't find a single one of Rob, except for 1 or 2 of Jack holding Rob. Even the baby book in Rob's old room was chock full of Jack's baby pictures. (Sorry brother; it's the curse of the 2nd child.)

The good news is that after about 700 photos, Jack became convinced that SB really did look like him. His mom is convinced that SB looks like her, and I just think she looks like a baby. But we're still going to see Murry in September. It's been a dream of ours for quite some time. We are both quite excited at the prospect of meeting one of our long-time idols. If you want an autograph, let me know how many I need to get.

Promise to post SB's photos as soon as I can locate a scanning device.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

head on over here and use my scanner.

glad to hear SB is still a girl. i bet she'll look like her mommy. :)

can't wait to see you on murry.

Unknown said...

i just found out what murry is. I asked laura.

i like you even more now.

Anonymous said...

scan the pic's and post them already!!!!

baby