Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Crackhead t-shirt Incident

Well, it was a long weekend, but I have finally caught up on my sleep. I took about a 3 hour nap yesterday; I am sleeping for two now, after all. After my glorious nap, I was ready for some action. Jack has been wanting to see Transformers for a while now, but I was completely uninterested. However, feeling pretty generous after my 3 hour hibernation phase, I finally gave in. Heather, after reading about Trey's Harry Potter fanaticism, I didn't feel too bad going to see Transformers with Jack. At least he wasn't in a cape or anything.

No cape, but dressed just as embarrassing nonetheless. Confused? Let's go back.
A year or two ago, my brother somehow came across this man who used to be a crack addict. Then he found Jesus, and now he spends his time telling people his story and how he doesn't need crack anymore because he has God. He also sells t-shirts. As a gag, my brother gave Jack one of the crackhead's shirts as a birthday present. It was a hit. Jack loves that shirt and would rather wear it every day more than anything else in his closet.

I did finally convince him that it was NOT appropriate for church, although that was an uphill battle. However, he still wears it around the house all the time and even out in public from time to time, but not if he's with me. That's what we agreed.

Back to the story. Jack was wearing his crackhead t-shirt around the house that day, and I had already agreed to go see Transformers with him that night. When we got ready to leave, I was heading downstairs to get in the car and asked if he had his wallet, keys, etc and A SHIRT. (I had left a collared shirt laying over the couch for him to put on over his crack shirt.) I don't think he was listening, but he said yes.

I got in the car, and didn't pay any attention to him when he jumped in beside me and took off. He dropped me off at the front of the theater and went to find a parking spot (such a gentleman). I got our tickets and was waiting just inside the door when I saw him walking toward the theater. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds when I saw him. (yes, he's great looking, but that's not why I couldn't catch my breath.)



HE WAS STILL WEARING THE CRACK SHIRT!!



I looked around for a place to hide, but it was no use. When he walked in the door, I grabbed his arm and whispered, "Where is your shirt??"

He looked down in horror and realized that he had forgotten it. Then he started laughing. Joke's on me. He swore it was an honest mistake, but then he just strutted his stuff right up to the concession stand to get a drink. I ordered a large popcorn and told him to hold it right in front of him so no one could see his shirt, but we got a few strange looks in the lobby, so I guess it was too late.

I was completely mortified. If you think I'm overreacting, that's your opinion, which you are entitled to, but you're wrong. See for yourself.

Who needs street crack when you've got God's crack?

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

I TOTALLY WANT THAT SHIRT!!! that's awesome jack! love it.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA. laughing out load so hard right now.

that is fabulous.

Jack and Trey would be friends...he has a shirt (thanks to my sisters) that is a map of mississppi. He likes to wear it and point out where we live.

Anonymous said...

"it could be a crackhead that got a holt' the wrong stuff."

tell me where i can find one for vic.

baby