Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Potty Training

For Jack's birthday this year, his mother stressed over what to get him. I recommeded a gift card to Lowes, his favorite store. I promised her that he would love it, and she thought that was a great idea. However, she had a change of heart that afternoon and instead got him a cute little pink onesie. Jack was ecstatic. Really, he couldn't love anything more. Unfortunately, it was a tad small for Jack, so we're saving it for the baby. Well, his mom came through again on Father's Day with some baby books for the father-to-be. After flipping through them, I felt compelled to share their contents with you.



One for a girl, and one for a boy, just in case.



The little girl book stressed the importance of making it to the potty BEFORE you start peeing. Molly hates to have a soggy tush, but she was so busy playing with her toys, she almost didn't make it to her potty. As you can see, she was just...in...time.


Ahh, sweet relief.



The little boy in the blue book at first couldn't figure out exactly what the potty was for. After realizing that it was not a hat (yes, he put it on his head), he decided it indeed must be for pooping. Note the level of excitement portrayed on the naked child's face as he points to his poop while the cat looks on with approval.

Anyway, I hope my faithful readership won't be too disappointed that I'm putting the blog on hold for a few days while I'm soaking up the sun on the beach this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until late Sunday night. I'm planning to be back to blogging on Monday. Await with baited breath.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

oh how i'll miss your posts....
soak up some sun for me.

love the potty books.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope she gets ME a onesie...

Unknown said...

hilar.

you shall be missed.

baby