Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wasting away again in televisiville

Since it has recently been brought to my attention that there are still some people out there who do not know who Murry is and who therefore cannot appreciate his gumby goldness, I feel that it is my duty as a responsible citizen to help spread the word.

I have included with this post a video clip that pretty much sums up the show and why we love it so much. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the clip of Telia, who was on her 11th appearance, still searching for child support. If you're interested, I have it saved on my Tivo and still watch it every now and then when I'm feeling a little down.

Unfortunately, Murry couldn't make it to our wedding, but certainly not for lack of invitation. I think his flight must have been delayed or something. This is why Jack and I are so excited about our upcoming trip to NYC for our paternity test. We've been working on our reactions, but I dare say no matter how much we practice, we'll never be as good as the guy in the video.

When I'm not watching Murry, I'm usually freshening up on my SBTB trivia. Unfortunately, Jack made me cancel my season pass, so I no longer record it regularly. However, I've pretty much got all the episodes committed to memory. I don't know why Jack doesn't appreciate it as much as I do. I mean, what are the odds that a group of high school kids would all be so talented in every aspect of music/sports/classroom knowledge.

They formed several bands together, performing as the Five Aces at the Sock Hop, and they always performed at every school dance. And who could forget the Zack Attack playing "Friends Forever" when the kids hit the big time. Also, when the gang is playing the senior prom, Slater and Jessie are unforgettable in their rendition of "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?".

Am I the only one who still cries every time I see the breakup episode where Kelly dumps Zack for that college jerk Jeff?? Every time I watch it, I know what's about to happen, but I always hope that maybe they changed the ending and they don't break up after all. Then I tear up a little.

While I'm on the subject of quality television programming, I can't help but mention that Jack and I have become a little obsessed with "America's Got Talent" although to be honest, it would be more aptly named "America's Got Weirdo Freaks who Think They Have Talent." If you've seen it, you know what I mean. If you haven't, don't waste your time. You will get sucked into the mediocrity of the performances, the brilliant reviews by the "qualified" talent judges (David Hasselhoff) and most of all, the performance of 30-year-old Boy Shakira, all hosted by Jerry Springer. Talk about entertainment.

I could probably go on all night, but for lack of time and energy, I'm going to call it quits for now. I'm certain I've given you more than enough to think about and more than enough to fill your Tivo's hard drive.

Happy viewing. So long, and goodnight.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

do you even know how happy it has made me to see the "break up" episode on your blog? if only i could have been kelly kapouski

Unknown said...

thank you so much for this enlightening post.

it is funny, i was going to post about boy shakira soon.

i watch america's got talent every week.

rock on.

Anonymous said...

FYI, he prefers "Boy Britney" now.

baby