Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Friday, July 6, 2007

Baby names

I know that Jack and I have already decided on a name for our little girl. Sarah Elizabeth. However, the more I think about it, the more I worry that it is just too plain. Sarah, plain and tall , for example. It's such a common name, as is Elizabeth, and I don't want our daughter to think we just pulled a name out of thin air and gave it to her. I want her to know we really put some thought into it.

That's where you come in. I've been researching some less common names, and I want something that will really make her stand out among her peers. I'd like to get your opinions on which name you think is best.

First off, Doowder, (pronounced DOO-der), is an interesting selection. It's our last name spelled backwards. I was inspired by Krazy from Flavor of Love, who insisted on being called by her stage name, Nevaeh, heaven spelled backwards. Probably because her voice is so heavenly. You can check out the YouTube video if you don't believe me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjiZqOOAipw

Make sure you check out the :34 mark. It's especially heavenly.


Also, Emack, or Jamily is formed by combining both Jack and Emily. Fitting, don't you think, since this child is a combination of both Jack and me? Jack means, "he who supplants" and Emily means "industrious, striving" so the combination of the two must mean "striving to supplant."

I looked up "supplant" on dictionary.com, and this is what I found:

"to take the place of (another), as through force, scheming, strategy, or the like."


I think I like it. Very conniving. On another positive note, when the teacher calls roll in her class, she will know when her name is called; she won't have to wonder, is there another Emack in this class? Because, odds are, there isn't.

Finally, although I realize this name is already taken, I couldn't help but fall in love with it the moment I read it.


Fakeidranique. I love how it rolls off the tongue. Every time we put her photo in the paper, she will know how much we love her. I'm also a big fan of Fuki and JuneBug, although SeptemberBug might be more appropriate.

Anyway, I welcome your thoughts and opinions. Original ideas are also welcomed. Please help us choose a name for our little girl that will be forever remembered by all who meet her.

Thank you, and good day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think sarah elizabeth might be your best bet....plus that's what my mom wanted to name me!

Unknown said...

wow.
so many decisions.
As a child I loved "sarah, plain and tall", only really so she wasn't so plain. So think about that.
You forgot about "murphwood". To me it was a common choice. Afterall, it has become very trendy, if you will, to use your maiden name. So why not combine the two?

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

well i have several suggestions that are favorites of mine from my life experiences. among them are...delicious lamiracle (thats one name), miangel, quartarious(in case it is a surprise boy), lemonjello (it's real), and deshiniquiana. i think all of these would find a way to stand out in the classroom and in life. I am sorry that you are feeling bad! I can't wait to see you soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm still a fan of these three:

1. Shadynasty (pronounced shadinesty)
2. Bacteria
3. Placenta

Yes, the last two are real names (words) chosen by a mom for her children. She overheard them in the hospital while she was giving birth, thought they were pretty, and bestowed them upon her children.

And there you have it.

Anonymous said...

wait...why don't you just name her Pimp like in the ad? Why wasn't that the obvious winner? I mean, she IS a Redwood.

LT (and Max) said...

yep. the more i think about it and think about the endless possibilities, the more i'm thinking Sarah Elizabeth is just not the way to go. here's another one to think about:
iampreciousandunique. this is a real name...my sister's mother in law taught her. (She went by "precious").
however, doowder, is also a winner...decisions, decisions

Anonymous said...

how about y'lime, pronounced e-lim-ae? it's your name spelled backwards! i too was inspired by heaven or nevaeh rather. the apostrophe really makes it distictive...don't you think?

Anonymous said...

How about LikeDat or Sumthin? Has a nice flavor to it.

Anonymous said...

Also, how have I not been mentioned once in this blog yet? After all, I am the favorite uncle/brother-in-law. Sup with that?

Anonymous said...

Rob, chill out. don't be jealous just because i have an entire post named after me!!!!

Anonymous said...

also, just watched the video. in the words of New York, she's not a songstress.

Unknown said...

family bickering on the redwood's blog.

look at what little AKPENAMAWU (means give thanks to God) MURPHWOOD REDWOORD has to enter the world into.

baby