Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, July 23, 2007

For my MC girls

I had a great time this weekend in Jackson hanging out with my old college girlfriends from MC. Saturday, they threw a baby shower for me and SB! It was a blast. Special thanks to Amy, Carrie and Jennifer for hosting such a great party. The decorations were so cute and the food was fantastic. (I think I ate 3 petit fours.) Just trying to follow the doctors orders and gain some more weight. I definitely did that this weekend.


SB got some adorable outfits. This kid is definitely going to be the best dressed baby on the block. I was so excited when I got home to show Jack all the loot. I came bursting through the door, heavy laden with baby gift bags and asked if he wanted to see. He gave me this bored look and asked, "Is it all clothes?" When I said yes, he said, "Just take it to her room," and pointed down the hall.
I then boasted that we also scored a portable bottle cooler/warmer, and he looked mildly interested for about a millisecond. Well, I thought it was cool.

I was devastated. Thankfully, my mom came through for me and oohed and ahhed with me over every article of clothing from tiny pink socks to a soft pink coat. Thanks, Cayce Ann, for getting her some cute purple outfits so Jack will have something to dress her in besides pink! Those were my mom's favorites. My mom also thought the bottle cooler/warmer was a major score. Men just don't get it.


Unfortunately, some of my pictures didn't turn out very good. Here are some of the better shots from the shower. Roommat or Nelly, could one of you please send me the group shots we took so I can have pictures of everyone who was there? Thanks!


Murphy Lee and Nelly. See how cute the decorations were?


The hostesses were Carrie, Amy and Jennifer.

Bethany Harris and me.

Sorry I don't have photos of everyone else. My camera is a little awful. Will post them as soon as I get some from Amy or Jen.

Thanks again, everyone who came to the shower and for all the great gifts. I had a blast catching up with everyone who was there and getting the scoop on those who were not able to attend. Also, no one at the shower was certain as to the proper spelling of a certain baby item; according to Target's Web site, the correct spelling is "onesie." So now we know. I'll make sure I get it right on all the thank you notes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

em-

can't wait to see all your stuff! so glad i will make at least ONE of your showers. living so far away sucks sometimes. see you next wednesday!!!!

Unknown said...

SB Murphwood will indeed be the best dressed babe on the block. Men are stupid most of the time.
Post some pictures of her clothes. I will ooooooo and ahhhhh via blog comment.

Anonymous said...

It was my honor to help hostess a baby shower for you! I could not be happier for you and Jack and DNW SB will knock your family's socks off!! I mean the comment you made about the good looking parents could not be more accurate! I will email you my pics from the shower. Love you!

baby