Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Sunday, September 2, 2007

No...

She's still not here yet. Heather, I also thought that this weekend would be a wonderful time for her to make her appearance. However, I still have hope. Tomorrow is Labor Day. How appropriate, no? I've been pushing hard all day, and I even made up a poem last night whilst not sleeping for when she does decide to be born. *Disclaimer* It's not totally original; I adapted it from a popular lullaby.

Rockabye baby, still in the womb
Nine long months, your birth it did loom
But when my water breaks, the baby will fall
And out will come SB, placenta and all

I went to the doctor on Friday and had a few warning signs of toxemia. He said he felt like I would be fine to wait another week, but he would send me to the hospital if I wanted to go, and we could induce labor. What was I thinking when I said no?? I go back on Thursday, and while I am SURE that she will be here before then, if she isn't, I'm gonna man up and take the pitocin then. So I feel much relief knowing that if she doesn't come on her own this week, we're going in after her on Thursday. Hooray!

4 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

great poem. you're so...so lyrical. call me at your next contraction. i am on pins and needles.

The Texas VicHorns said...

i second your sentiments about the babysitter seduction. what the H was felicity thinking.

laren said...

wishing you well with the little one...i lived by the book Babywise with my children. if you haven't read it, give it a try - remarkable to start the child on a schedule and make your life easier. unless, of course, you are more of a free spirit who doesn't care when or if you sleep...in that case, don't worry about reading the book. or any book.

Tracy~ said...

YOu are welcome and I'm sure we can be friends too - even during the Egg Bowl.

Can't wait to hear when SB comes!

Trace~

baby