Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's the Final Countdown

Yesterday was labor day, but no labor for me. I stayed mostly on the couch due to a headache, slightly increased blood pressure and pure exhaustion. While SB enjoyed her nightly after dinner dance, I tried to get some rest.

But no rest for the weary. After not sleeping at all last night, I saw the doctor this morning. He reassured me that I do not have toxemia, even though I had been experiencing several of the common symptoms. It was a huge relief. I was sure he was going to send me to the hospital this morning. Instead, he scheduled an induction for Thursday morning.

That's right, people. SB is on the way. If that stubborn little stinker hasn't ejected herself from my uterus by Thursday at 7 am, we're sending the pitocin in after her. So her days are numbered.

She was brutal this weekend, not so much with the incessant kickboxing like before, but she has started a new yoga routine in which she slowly stretches herself out, pushing as hard as she can with her foot against my upper left side whilst extending her fist into my lower right half. It's terribly uncomfortable and quite painful at times.

I'll be so glad when Thursday arrives. I really didn't want to induce, but I also really don't want to get toxemia. I've heard it's no fun.

Although I don't recall any "nesting" instincts ever kicking in, my house is clean and the laundry is up to date. I just need Jack to hang one final shelf in SB's room and I think we'll be ready.


Time for an RBF. I'll keep you guys posted.

9 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

yesssssssss. she is FINALLY going to be here.

Question: are you planning to nix RBF's after her arrival??

Unknown said...

FINALLY. I can't believe SB Murphwood didn't put you in Labor on Labor Day. How selfish. My husband was born on Labor Day. (Sept. 5, 1980) He has always been one to enjoy a good irony.

Henry can't wait to meet SB, and yes...his name is 99.9% of the time tatooed on his clothing.

Post Script: What kind of BS is Mere talking about? DO NOT give up a good thing when you see it. RBF FOR LIFE!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until Thursday! By the way, are we gonna be calling her "SB?" I've gotten so used to seeing that in this blog, it may slip out...

Tracy~ said...

Yay!!! I'm glad she is finally on her way. I remember being so uncomfortable towards the end!

I can't wait to hear the good news and see pictures!

Trace~

LT (and Max) said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I
CAN'T
WAIT!!!!

laren said...

Root Beer Float? come on, i'm new, fill me in - i haven't the free time to read all 4 million of your previous posts today to learn about an RBF. maybe tomorrow i'll have time.

lamb fetus story will come just as soon as SB arrives.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Rob,

Let's not call her SB. This is too similar to SBTB, which we all know and love, however should not be confused with SB.

Anonymous said...

Good point Mere. It will honestly take an effort at first for me to not call her that, but we wouldn't want to confuse those. Are you coming to town for the big day?

The Texas VicHorns said...

Rob,

I am extremely depressed, nay, heartbroken that I will not be present for the big day. Please hold SB in my stead and send me loads of photos.

I practically live in Mexico, the trip is too much. and by "too much" i mean, my husband won't fork over the moolah for a plane ticket. oh well, i love him anyway.

baby