Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Baby Watch 2007

Many of you have voiced serious concerns about my extended absence from blogging. It's true. Not unlike my ankles, I will be on hiatus for a while after tonight.

Those of you who wish to contact us can call the hospital in West Point. We will NOT be at the Starkville hospital, so don't look there. Jack will be leaving updates on my cell phone voicemail, so you can also try that.

Unfortunately, I do not have a laptop, so I will be unable to blog during the birth. However, I plan to take a tape recorder and take notes for you that way, so when I get home, I can recount the details accurately. I am also hoping that Jack will take over some of the blogging responsibilities for me while I'm out.

I'm very sorry to leave you hanging like this, but what else can I do? We're taking it easy tonight, going to dinner with some friends then to bed early. I haven't slept in about a week, and last night was awful. SB wanted me to know that she was still doing ok, and she reassured me with her constant yoga moves, starting around 2:30 this morning. I didn't go back to sleep until Jack left at 6.

I'm praying that I get more sleep tonight, although that is doubtful. However, in my best attempt to get a good night's sleep, I've decided to pass on one final RBF after dinner tonight. I was planning on going to Bops after dinner to enjoy one after my final meal (I can't have anything after midnight), but I just can't risk the caffeine. So if you come visit in the hospital, bring RBFs. I'll probably be willing to pay top dollar for one after L&D.

While my fear of labor is seriously kicking in, my fear of motherhood is weakening. I realized the other day how great I was at playing pretend, and I think this mom thing is going to be a cinch. Here are a few examples:

  • An Asian lady called the office other day, and I caught the word "roof" so I knew it wasn't a wrong number. However, that was about the only thing I understood out of her mouth. I pretended to understand everything she said. I asked her if her roof was leaking, and she gave me some numbers. Then more incoherent statements. I took it like a pro, and just said, "yes" and "I see" until she finally stopped.

  • I had a serious sweet tooth one afternoon last week, and unfortunately I discovered a cadbury egg hidden under our bedside table while searching for my phone charger. I just pretended it hadn't been there since Easter and ate the whole thing. It was fabulous, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

  • I also like to pretend that McDonalds is good for me. In fact, I ate there this afternoon, despite the fact that I'll probably have to weigh in again in the morning.

  • A few nights ago, I was enjoying a little ice cream for dessert, but halfway through I realized I had gotten a little overzealous with the scooper and had too much in my bowl. Not a problem. I just pretended that my prenatal vitamin was hidden somewhere in the bottom of the bowl and ate the whole thing in a matter of minutes. Safety first.

  • I also like to pretend that a magical house elf will take care of the laundry and general cleaning that needs to be done around the house if I just leave it long enough. So far, that one hasn't worked out to well, but at least my imagination is in full swing.

Ok, I seriously have to go now. Jack came home and scared the snake away, so it's safe to go to my car now. I still have to install the car seat and put the stroller together. I'm going to try to post some pictures of the nursery tonight before bedtime.

6 comments:

Tracy~ said...

Can you believe in just a few hours you'll be holding your precious SB?! Cool.

Good luck with getting some sleep and your labor!

Trace~

The Texas VicHorns said...

i can't wait. vic and i will be praying for you. i miss you

laren said...

i don't even know you in person and yet, i'm so thrilled for you! i think another reason you will be a fabulous mother is because you were raised by a fabulous mother. she will be a great resource for you.

i will miss your blogs and hope that you take notes so that you can have record of what happened.

our prayers are with you for an easy labor and healthy baby! much love - laren, drew & family

Anonymous said...

praying for you this morning! i can't wait to meet SB. and i'm equally concerned about your blogging leave of absence as your L&D. hurry back.

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA! Can't wait to see her little face! I will be praying for you! (and jack and SB)

Love - Possum

Unknown said...

SHE'S HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE!

Now, it's time to put the new kid down and blog about it.

only kidding.

give her a smoochum from possum.

baby