Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, September 17, 2007

Thanks, Possum

I've been tagged. Possum has issued me a challenge. List 10 things that make me happy and do it before SB wakes up. You should see me trying to type and hold her at the same time. It's amusing. Okay, I've got a few minutes before it's time for her to eat again. Here goes.

  1. RBFs. I know you all probably thought SB would be #1, but RBFs were the first thing that came to mind. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Corrie, I now know that A&W root beer is caffeine free. So yesterday, SB and I enjoyed our first RBF since we came home from the hospital. It was delicious.
  2. SB. See, she made the top 2. Even when I'm dragging myself out of bed for the 3rd time at 4 am, listening to her screaming down the hall, I still love her. Even though sometimes I get really tired, every time she smiles at me, I melt. And I thought she had daddy wrapped around her little finger...
  3. Jack. Even though I give him a hard time on my blog, he really is the best. He has always treated me like a princess, and he has been especially wonderful since SB got here. Plus, he's really cute. Which helps. (Extra points for Jack- he made me breakfast the other day and held SB so I could eat in peace.)
  4. I just lost 15 pounds. This makes me very happy, even though I still look like I'm 5 months pregnant (was NOT expecting that). I can see my feet again, and now I can put my shoes and socks on all by myself without contorting myself into strange positions while holding my breath.
  5. No more DV. I haven't had to drink any CWP since the night before I went into the hospital! I can sleep peacefully at night, for 1 1/2 hours at a time, without waking up with my throat on fire. Score.
  6. The Bulldogs are 2-0 since SB was born. I knew she was smart and talented and beautiful. Who would have guessed that she is also a good luck charm? Going for 3-0 this weekend. She'll be in her cheerleader outfit for the game.
  7. My fam. I've got the best one in the world, seriously. Except for Meredith, who moved to practically Mexico and never comes to visit. Just kidding Mere, you know you're one of my favorite sisters.
  8. My mom. I know I already said my family, but seriously. I have to single her out because she's my best friend (besides Jack) and because she deserves all the special recognition I can give her. Those of you who know her don't need me to go on and on about her, but humor me. She moved in with us for a week after SB was born and took care of all the cooking, cleaning and laundry for me. All I did was take care of SB. My mom even spent her nights taking care of the baby. She woke me up every 3 hours to feed her, then sent me back to bed while she burped, changed and got SB back to bed. She's still on standby in case I want to nap or run errands.
  9. Murry. You didn't think I would forget Murry, did you? Of course not. The new season started this week, and it did not disappoint. One lady was one million point nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine nine percent sure that that "ugly ole sorry punk "was her baby's daddy. I couldn't believe it when she was wrong!

OK I know that's only 9 but I can't hold SB off any longer. Time to feed. again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

just for the record, I am the favorite sister.

LT (and Max) said...

good list.
i can't believe jack made the list before murry though. get your priorities straight em.

Tracy~ said...

Good list!
Who's Murry?

Anonymous said...

You know, Murry's a huge star in Japan.

The Texas VicHorns said...

harry...

keep dreaming. (CJ)

Mere

Anonymous said...

PS: Suck up.

Unknown said...

good grief, that took a while. I mean, it's not like you are doing anything of importance these days.

sike.

only kidding, buttercup.

good list. I happy to know that Murry made the list.

baby