Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, August 23, 2007

I demand to be taken seriously

To any innocent bystanders looking in on my life, it may seem that I spend a good bit of time either sitting in front of the computer or lying on the couch in front of the Tivo. While this may be true, what else am I supposed to do all day? I weigh nearly 300 pounds, and it's not easy to carry myself around these days, especially in the 115 degree heat outside. So I stay in.

I don't have a job, just helping Jack with the office work (which totally justifies my spending so much time in front of the computer). When Jack gets in from work, he looks so tired from working in the heat all day, yet I'm the one who wants a foot massage. I know what he must be thinking... When he left for work at 5 am, I was still in bed asleep. When he came home for lunch, I was napping. When he came home for good in the afternoon, I was lying on the couch anxiously awaiting the news-is Kooley or isn't Kooley the father?? and if he is, will he step up and care for baby Nevaeh?

Although he hasn't said it, I know Jack probably thinks I have become the laziest person in the world these last couple of months. But I ask, are you without clean underwear? Don't you have clean dishes to eat on and delicious food for dinner? Sure, you had to carry the laundry up and down the stairs for me. And I might have popped that delicious dinner out of the freezer and into the microwave, but while you were working hard in the sun all day, sweating it out while nailing shingles on someone's roof, I was busy making our daughter's heart and brain. How's that for a hard day's work? It's exhausting, I tell you.

And you thought your job was hard.

5 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

chubbs,

keep taking it easy. you are going to have a rude awakening when the little one arrives. but then again, maybe Sarah Beth will find Murry soothing.

Unknown said...

so was he the baby daddy? that is all that matters, afterall.

Jack said...

Come on, Em. I've always thought you were lazy.

Unknown said...

have the baby already.

Unknown said...

Oh no! You couldn't view our mexican video? This is trouble. Try again. That is the only advice I have. I do not work well under pressure.

baby