Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

An elephant never forgets

I can't believe how many things have happened recently that I forgot to post about. I guess I've been busier than I thought, what with all the Murry reruns that have been on lately.

My cute cousin LB got married almost 2 weeks ago. We had a blast the whole week before since she and Mere were both in town to do wedding prep. We went to Tipico, watched The Office and ate a lot of MSU ice cream (what do you mean, that ice cream wasn't for us??)

Here's the happy couple, thanks to LT. I totally stole this photo from her blog.

My mom and aunts hosted the bridesmaids brunch at my house on Friday morning. The food was so yummy. I thought surely my aunts would leave some of the leftovers in my refrigerator, but those hungry ladies cleaned me out!


The BMs at the brunch, plus a few extras.


All the BMs with LB

After a few hours on my feet, taking photos and whatnot, I was about ready for a break. So I put my feet up for a little while before the ceremony, and Mere totally busted me on it.


All I needed was an RBF and a little TV set. Would have been just like home.

The wedding was beautiful, and LBs dad kept the ceremony as brief as he knew how... Lucky for LB, my water didn't break or anything while I was walking down the aisle, but certainly not for lack of trying. I didn't pass out or have any leg cramps while standing up at the front, although I did all I could to keep the focus on me. (As if my gigantic stomach wasn't enough of an attention getter.)

My uncle assured me that if I needed to sit down during the ceremony, I could. We even tossed around the idea of having a large throne made just for the occasion, to be placed front and center in case my feet needed a rest. Unfortunately, we were not able to have one made on such short notice, so I just toughed it out.

The day after the wedding, several ladies hosted a baby shower for me and SB at Mrs. Bonnie's house. (You'll be hearing more about her when I post the nursery photos. She's the bomb.) Anyway, they bent over backwards to make everything look really cute, and they were very successful.


Here are the hostesses: Mrs. Sue, Lindsey, (fat me in the middle) Mrs. Cathy and Mrs. Bonnie


Lindsey made that diaper cake in the middle of the table. Can you believe how cute it is??

It was a fun shower with some of the best tasting cakes I have ever eaten. This shower definitely played a big part in my high score at the doctor's office last week.

Anyway, it was a really fun weekend, but I'm glad things have settled down. By the end of this week, SB's room should be ready for her arrival, and I think I'll be ready too. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with an update after I see the doctor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bonnie is superior in all things hostess related. I love her.

I really like that picture of you propt up on the pew like a fat-a.
If you weren't so with child I would make fun of you.

I like you.

The Texas VicHorns said...

bonnie is superior.

i am going to miss your blogging when you give birth.

baby