Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Friday, August 10, 2007

Hold your horses, SB

So I went to the doctor yesterday. And I was right. I scored WAY too high. I'm not going to say how much I gained...let's just say it was a lot. Dr. W. wasn't too mad though. He just laughed when he asked how I was feeling and I replied, "hungry." I promised him that I had been snacking healthy. I forgot to mention the RBFs.

Now for the good news. I think. He asked me if I thought she had moved down yet, and I said no. I was wrong. She's already in position for birth, 5 weeks away from the DD. Then he asked if I thought anything was going on down there, and again I said no. Wrong again. He told me that I'm already 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I almost fell off the table.

He told me not to go anywhere, because I'm not going to make it to my DD. Boy, was I excited. All day yesterday I was thinking, this is what I've been wanting since I got pregnant. Every day I wish she would hurry up and roll up out.

Then reality set in about 4 this morning. She woke me up with a severe case of the hiccups and a few violent punches in the bladder. I started thinking about the stuff I haven't done yet. We still don't have her car seat, and her dresser and changing table aren't here yet either! I need more time.

The news yesterday also made my fear of going into labor much more real. I just don't know if I can do this. Also, Jack and I had big plans to go to Memphis in 2 weeks for one of our fantasy football drafts. I hope she waits until after that.

On a brighter note, we are in a secret race against Jack's cousin to have the first great grandchild on his dad's side. We've already got the trophy on lockdown for his mom's side, but his cousin's baby (on his dad's side) is due only a week after ours. So, since SB is now scheduled to make her appearance a little early, I suppose that gives us an edge over the competition. I better find out what's going on with his cousin's fetus. I hope he's not coming early too. Maybe I should go ahead and schedule an induction?

So anyway, I'll keep everyone posted on her progress. I'm trying not to hyperventilate over here. It's so real all of a sudden! Dr. W. said I'd probably make it another week, but after that, who knows. My birthday is in 8 days; I hope she will at least wait until after that because we are going to party down next Saturday. You're all invited, but if my water breaks, please pretend not to notice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SB is already an eager-beaver. I can just see it now: has to be the first for everything. Typical 1st born.

I should tell you, if I show up for your birthday and your H20 breaks, I will most definately point and laugh.

LT (and Max) said...

ahhh! can't wait!!

baby