Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Fun

What a fun weekend! I love it when it's my birthday. I let Jack sleep in a little Saturday morning, but as soon as he woke up, birthday fun began. He took SB and me to breakfast at City Bagel; then my mom and I went to LJs to visit. She was out of town almost all last week, so we had lots of catching up to do.

SB wanted to see her cousins (Caroline and Judah) so we stopped by to play with them for a while, then home to rest up for our big night out. We had a very busy afternoon of cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. Then to Richey's for dinner. SB was just dying for a good steak. For those of you who are not familiar with Richey's, shame on you. They have a fabulous salad bar, but Jack and I always go there on special occasions for the famous presentation.

Famous presentation? you may ask. Allow me to explain. At Richey's, it's all about the presentation of the food. The Chateau Briand is a giant filet that is served, according to the menu, as Richey's "famous presentation." The first time we ordered it, we were expecting the whole wait staff to bring it out on a giant platter while singing and dancing, fireworks in the background, fire dancers in the aisle, eating fire swords and throwing knives around, etc.

While the presentation was not quite as famous as we had expected, the meat certainly lived up to our expectations, so we still go there to celebrate special events.

Jack took a photo of me with the famous presentation to commemorate the occasion. I felt compelled to share it with you.



It's a piece of lettuce. But a very beautiful and famous piece of lettuce.

After SB and I were stuffed to the max, we capped the night off at the theater.

The day after my birthday is always such a letdown. After being catered to for the whole entire day, things always go back to normal on August 19. Not so this year. Luckily, I had a baby shower on Sunday, so the fun just went on and on all weekend. Unfortunately, my sister was in charge of taking pictures, and she only took one with my camera. It's of me, sitting my huge rear in a chair, stuffing my face with cake. I opted not to post that one. Thanks, MB. You can always catch me at my best.

The shower was tons of fun though, and SB got a lot of great presents. Her favorite part was the cake, which she had 2 pieces of - one at the shower and another one for dessert last night. I swear my doctor is going to kill me when I weigh in on Thursday. Maybe SB will hurry up and be born this week before I have to get on the scale again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for fun days. coming down from the birthday high is always a bitch.

good luck.

maybe that whole baby thing will help out.

The Texas VicHorns said...

you went on out and had yourself a happy birthday.

have the baby already.

baby