Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, March 20, 2008

We're cousins, we're cousins


Today is LB's birthday!!!
You said all you wanted was a giant picture of yourself and a tribute limerick, so I found this picture from your wedding and made it as big as blogger would allow. At 8 1/2 months pregnant, I'm giant enough in the picture.
And this limerick, dear Laura, is for you.
We’re cousins we’re cousins we’re cousins
We had our boyfriends by the dozens
But they made you cry
I didn’t know why
But I can still say that we’re cousins

With a stick ‘round the house I would chase you
But my parents they always would come through
They spanked me a lot
My revenge I would plot
And then in the nursery I’d hit you

I’d scratch you all day till you bled
But then we look 10 years ahead
Scrunchys with a quarter
Braided belts on the corner
Ponytails on the sides of our heads

You wore your tank tops over t-shirt
With all your eye make-up, what a flirt
You moved far away
Miss you to this day
About our first boyfriend, I’m still hurt.

You walked down the aisle and then when
I tried really hard to give birth then
Your dad kept it short
My plan he did thwart
And Sarah Beth stayed deep within

When you get pregnant, I will too again
Our kids can grow up and be real good friends
I’m sure they will fight
But we turned out alright
Can’t wait for your really short children.
Happy birthday, dear cousin! I love you!

3 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

Brilliant. You are a lyrical genius.

"Sarah Beth stayed deep within"

laura beth said...

seth: "I mean, Jack and Emily aren't much taller than we are."

LT (and Max) said...

you are so good.

i too liked the "sarah beth stayed deep within" part.

gold.

baby