Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Rime of the Ancient Meredith

I know you're probably all out celebrating St. Patricks Day, drinking green beer and pinching random strangers, but today is much more than SPD.


It's Meredith's birthday!


True story. So in honor of her, I've written a few short limericks to commemorate this momentous occasion. I realize the meter isn't perfect, but gimme a break. This is my first attempt at limericking.

Mere, I know you've been waiting all day for this, so I decided to post what I have before I'm actually through. There was so much more I wanted to say but couldn't fit into the limerick. Perhaps a more lengthy poem will follow, if SB's schedule will allow it. And now, a limerick.

There once was a girl from Mississippi
As a waitress she got lots of tippies
Took vic by the hand
Off to texas she ran
She’ll come back with a babe on her hippie.

This girl had two great girly siblings
With a basketball all could go dribbling
But who was the best
SBA was the test
And Mere left us all with no quibbling

This girl also had two big brothers
Who by far were unlike any others
They point at the mole
And then lose control
And leave Meredith saying Oh brother

Now Vic off to work in his blue jean
Left her with the stable to make clean
He gave her some boots
She turned up her snoot
He forgot she’s the homecoming queen

3 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

Impressive!!! Get SB an nanny and write limericks full time. I've asked mom to mail me my old homecoming queen crown so Vic will recognize who he is bossing around.

LT (and Max) said...

good one em. go ahead and start working on mine. birthday: 5 days. get busy.

Tracy~ said...

You're cute. That was a great tribute!

baby