Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twenty-nine again?

I almost let the day get away from me, but better late than never, I always say. Tonight we pay tribute to a woman well worth every word written here this evening.

MY MOTHER
by Emily Redwood


There once was a woman named mother
Who like her there was not one other
She's funny and sweet
Never misses a beat
Epitome of belle from southern

My mother she taught me everything
Always cooking and cleaning in full swing
Never thinks of herself
Puts her pride on the shelf
Her praises enough I cannot sing

Spends time serving children and husband
She always meets every demand
She never placed blame
Never missed a game
No referee her could withstand

She's a rapper and also a dancer
To her moves we never could answer
She dipped and she swayed
And fun we all made
Her reindeer name would be Prancer

But joking and all fun aside now
I've said all that my time will allow
We love you, we need you
Without you we'd be blue
So mom stand up and take a big bow


Happy Birthday Mom.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

your mom is the sweetest! tell her I said hello and I hope she had a great day! also SB is too cute. at first she looked a lot like Jack but now she is for sure a Murphy!

Tracy~ said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

SB is adorable.

LT (and Max) said...

mrs debbie is definitely one of my most favorite people in the world.

Anonymous said...

Your mom IS precious!!!

Emily, you are so good at writing these limericks! I wish I could write half as well as you!

baby