Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HB SB

Whew, what a weekend. Jack came home from a weeklong trip to Colorado, Sarah Beth turned one, MSU got their first victory of the season (hopefully not their last) and we had lots of company. But let's focus on what is important here.

My little baby isn't such a little baby anymore!! I can't believe she is already a whole year old! Last weekend some of my girlfriends threw her a party in Jackson. Amy and Carrie made her a shortbread cookie (with no eggs) that she could have all to herself.



She had a blast opening her presents

But she did not have as much fun as we did!


She even got to meet Carrie's puppy, which she loved. You can see that here. And she bonded with some of her aunts. Thanks for a great weekend, girls!



Her actual birthday was Saturday, September 6th. I had to convince Jack that of course we had to have a party. He finally gave in, but insisted that the event would be family only. We grilled burgers, and I baked two cakes, one without eggs for SB. I'll be uploading videos of the occasion on Youtube, for those of you who are on pins and needles waiting for that. I'm also in the process of uploading her birthday photo album to Shutterfly. I'll post when they are ready.

She got some really cute clothes, but her favorite gift seemed to be the baby stroller. She took off on that thing and didn't stop until we put her to bed that night. It was a great success.

Although I've sworn off birthday limericks, I did find a few minutes to scratch out a bday poem for my first and only daughter. That will have to wait until later though. I don't have time to type it out as I have company walking through the door. Until tomorrow!

3 comments:

Tracy~ said...

Happy 1st Birthday, SB! I love the video's. She is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah Beth! :-)

They grow up so fast, don't they? I'm trying to cherish every day with my newborn baby, enjoy each stage as it comes.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

she is the cutest thing in all the land.

baby