Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, June 2, 2008

Jack's New Toy

Happy Birthday...to himself.


Apparently, Jack didn't get enough presents for his birthday. So he decided to go out and get one for himself. A big one.


Here it is, in all its glory.






He got a big ole HD flatscreen tv. He's been wanting one for a long time, and he finally decided to go for it.

In all fairness, he did consult with his two favorite girls before making such a purchase. He assured me it was for both of us; he could watch ultimate fighting and I could watch Lifetime, all in HD.

SB said she didn't mind as long as she got to watch The Backyardigans in HD.

As we contemplated our HD future, we decided that anything bigger than 46" would be too big for our living room (and the piece of furniture that holds our tv). However, when we got to the bigscreen section of Wal Mart (Jack's field of dreams), Jack immediately picked out the biggest television on display. It was a 50" plasma screen, and I almost fainted. I was able to talk him out of that, and we finally settled on something a little smaller.

We took home an LCD, and for those of you who may be considering your HD future, let me recommend LCD over the plasma. While I know next to nothing regarding this topic, I do know that the LCD doesn't reflect that awful glare from your living room windows. The plasma does. We are very satisfied with our selection.

Let me also make you aware that your HD future does not end with the purchase of a television. That, my friend, is only the beginning of your epic adventure. We spent the next several days and a few more hundred dollars gathering "necessary" equipment, including but not limited to component cables (don't ask; I don't know), an HD antenna for local stations and an HD DVR.

Jack's HD dreams were finally completed last week when the Directv guy showed up bright and early to set us up. I have to admit, it does make a big difference. And SB loved watching her favorite show on the bigscreen. You can share in the experience here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys were already one up on us with tivo. Now I am seriously J. I can't wait to watch "Too Young to be a Dad" and "Fifteen and Pregnant" on LCD.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

i'll go ahead and record those for you. we'll be ready next time you visit

Lori Robertson said...

Oh my... I have been trying to hold Curtis off for a while now too but I am sure there is one of these in our not so distant future as well.

Tracy~ said...

I love the TV! I watched the video and I think I saw Jack singing the theme song :)

Then, since I was already there, I watched her other video's. So cute!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yes, he was indeed singing the theme song. for the record, we were both singing it. it's rather catchy

baby