Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, April 21, 2008

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the post office

I had a very important business letter to mail today, but alas, no stamps were to be found in our office. So off I went to the post office. To purchase stamps, of course. And guess what. They were out of stamps. As in, they didn't have any. at the post office. they were out.

Hello, Ma'am. I just need a roll of stamps, please.
I'm sorry we're all out of stamps. Can I help you with anything else?
Oh, sure, I'll just have a pack of Marlboro Lights, then.
I'm sorry, we don't sell those here.

Oh, no, I'M the sorry one. I forgot this was the post office. You don't sell cigarettes. You sell stamps. I'm so sorry to trouble you. Please go back to doing nothing.

Why were they even open? That's right, readers, your tax dollars are hard at work, paying people to sit in a store that sells stamps, but guess what...they don't have any stamps.

To their credit, I suppose it is a good thing they are still "at work" today, in case you really need to mail a letter but your mailbox is broken. Also, all the little blue mail receptacles located around town are also broken. In that case, they can help you. That is, as long as you already have a stamp.

Otherwise, you're out of luck today. But, according to the post office lady who was ever so helpful, they are hoping to get a shipment in "sometime." you know, today, tomorrow, next month. whenever they can get enough stamps on the box of stamps to send them to our post office.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ah haha! I love this story.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Nice.

Yesterday I went through the McDonalds drive-thru, which I NEVER do, to order a cheeseburger. That's all I wanted. It was 10:59 am. I asked for a #2. He said, "The sausage egg and cheese biscuit?"

I replied, "No, the cheesburger meal".

He said, "We're still serving breakfast".
ME: until when?
HIM: 11:00
ME: what time is it?
HIM: 10:59
ME: are you serious?
HIM: yes mam
ME: so you want me to count to sixty and then reorder?
HIM: we are serving breakfast until 11:00

I said never mind and drove off.

Insanity.

Unknown said...

I checked around in the burg - we are full of stamps. I shall have some shipped your way.

LT (and Max) said...

i once went to subway and ordered a 6 inch turkey on wheat. they then informed me that they were out of bread. they didn't have ANY KIND of bread.
i didn't understand.

Anonymous said...

We were in the Taco Bell drive-thru once when we were told that they were out of meat.

"Really", we asked, "no meat at all?"

"No," she replied, "but we do have chicken if you want that."

Tracy~ said...

I needed this laugh at 4:50pm to get me through the rest of my work day! Thanks for that! :)

baby