Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Whew. What a weekend. We left last Friday for Colorado to visit Jack's dad and celebrate his birthday. It was SB's first plane ride, and I was more than a little nervous about it. Everyone told me she would sleep the whole way (not true) and that I should just dose her up with some sleep aids before we left.


I just didn't feel right about pouring tylenol down her throat when she wasn't sick at all, so I just tried to coordinate nap time with take off time. Worked like a charm...until the drink cart came down the aisle. By landing I was wondering why in the world I had not given her any tylenol. She was pretty good though; it was just hard to keep her happy in such a small, confined space. It was definitely the smallest plane I've EVER been on.

Anyway, we made the trip fine, and had a blast in CO. SB got to see lots of snow, which was exciting for all of us. We even got to see a little bear at Bear Lake.



Oh wait, that's just SB.





After a long weekend, we said goodbye to the snow and headed home. Before getting on the plane, I pumped SB full of Tylenol and held a sleeping baby all the way home.


Happy Birthday, G! Thanks for a fun weekend!

8 comments:

Amanda Gregory said...

Hi. It's Amanda (Mere's friend). I love the pictures. Your little girl is so cute! When are you coming to visit us in Mexico?

laura beth said...

I LOVE SB!!! Why does she have to be so cute? I'm worried my kids won't be as cute as yours...

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

sorry, lb. they probably won't

Unknown said...

OH MY GOOOODDDNNNNEEEESSSS.
(extra letters for extra drama)
she is so stinkin' cute. that outfit. I want to squeeze her.
Can I? Soon? Let me know.
Agreed, LB. Between SB and Henry, I am screwed. No kids for me. It's much too risky.

Anonymous said...

EMILY!!! You have absolutely the cutest baby in the world! I have not seen you around, but I keep up on here! She is a doll!!! ~Joy

Alison said...

Hey Redwoods,
It was good to get to see you last weekend & to meet SB. She's so cute & sweet :) Y'all take care!

The Texas VicHorns said...

SB needs me.

The bear suit is priceless! I miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

How long until august??

Tracy~ said...

So cute!
Tylenol is a good thing. :)

baby