Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In Other Holiday News

What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had. Long, but good. It was a very busy day, but SF slept like a champ all the way through. Here's how it went down.

Round One: 11 am. We had our first Thanksgiving meal at Jack's mom's house, and I must say, it was delicious. Whoever cooked all that food is fantastic and terribly talented in the kitchen. I bet she's also good looking, smart and funny. We stuffed ourselves silly and had a nice visit with Jack's family, then it was on to the next stop.

Round Two: 2 pm. Our second meal was at Jack's dad's parents house. Jack and I were on our second meal, and SF and I were on our second outfit of the day. I guess somebody didn't enjoy my first lunch as much as I did, since most of it ended up on my shirt and her dress. Lunch at the grandparents was much the same as the first: the standard turkey, dressing, green bean and sweet potato casseroles, etc. But since we didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, we helped ourselves to another round of the decadent delicacies. Jack had to roll me out of their house that evening.

Round Three: 6 pm. My family was gathered at my parents house, all except for Meredith. (We love you, Mere. Miss you. Miss you every day.) Being the mother extraordinaire that she is, my mother had prepared turkey, dressing and all the sides typical of a Thanksgiving meal, plus several delicious desserts. When dinner was served, Jack gave me a strange look as I grabbed a plate and fell in line with everyone else.
"Are you eating again??" he asked. My response? Of course I was. It had been nearly 4 hours since my last meal. I didn't give him a hard time when he helped himself to an ample portion a few minutes later. Once again, SF slept through the whole thing, only waking to ruin another outfit, this time through the other end. My sister-in-law saved the day with one of her daughter's old outfits.

All in all, I'd say the day was a great success. You might have noticed that I mentioned SF slept through the entire affair. She's been a little snotty lately (sick, not stuck up), and !thank heavens! she's been sleeping it off instead of screaming it off. She seems to be much better, although I fear I may now be coming down with a case of the yuckies. Vitamin C, here I come!

SF UPDATE: since she's been sick, she's been sleeping like a rock, so she hasn't been waking up when I put her in the crib! I think she might be getting used to it now. Time will tell.

5 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

Faye, you want some more of this pie? yes? ok. You more of this squash? No? Ok.

Tracy~ said...

I think you're supposed to eat three meals a day. You did good!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

Mere, if you need me, i'll be outside checking the tires.

Tracy~ said...

I hope the Patriots crash and burn!

Go Pack Go!

laren said...

seriously. who is faye? and is she going to be there when we show up for Christmas?

i'm boycotting the holidays. please find details hidden deep in my most recent blog.

baby