Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Saturday, November 17, 2007

SF

I'm back, after not being online for about 2 weeks. I'm finally taking a break from Screamy Face. The daughter formerly known as SB has been a little troublesome lately. Jack and I decided that the name "Sarah Beth" didn't appropriately fit our daughter's personality, hence the new name, SF.

Bedtime brings out the worst in her. She hates her crib, and throws herself into a fit of rage every time we put her in it. She can be sleeping so peacefully in my arms until her head hits that mattress. Then she lets loose with screams loud enough to wake the neighbors. Of course, when I go back into her room to calm her down, she's all grins and giggles. Like she was just kidding. Hi mom! Just wanted to see if you'd come back. yeah. It's real cute...when it's not a quarter til midnight.


She sleeps enough during the day;
when darkness falls, it's time to play.
Don't put me down in that blasted crib,
Or I'll scream so hard, I'll bust a rib.

I'm screaming so loud, practically choking
And ejected my dinner (no I'm not joking)
Maybe I'm being bitten by ants
or maybe I just pooped my pants
You won't know until you come see
Oh, now that you're here, won't you hold me?

Hold me now, you don't need sleep
Hold me close, I won't make a peep.
But not the crib, such a disgrace!
Find out why I'm called Screamy Face.


Otherwise, we've been bored. Jack has been home a lot lately, spending most of his time practicing in case Scrabble ever becomes an Olympic event. Thankfully, he helps out with SF in between games. He did watch her for me this morning so I could get a little sleep. I had to repay him by letting him beat me at Scrabble when I woke up, but it was worth it.

Aunt Meredith, I'm counting the days until you get here. Since you miss her so much, Jack and I have decided that we'll let you and Vic stay at our house and keep SF for a few days when you get into town. You can thank me later.

SF is living up to her name. Gotta go.

8 comments:

Tracy~ said...

I couldn't help but laugh while reading this post. I feel for you, I really do. It does get completely frustrating.

Is she too young for baby Benadryl?! :)

Here's to more sleep soon!

LT (and Max) said...

haha...sweet little screamy.

i recall mrs. debbie telling me what a "screamy face" you were youself. i bet she and mr. bill are watching you and jack and laughing behind your back.

The Texas VicHorns said...

YIKES! Too bad I promised mom we'd stay there.

maybe next year?

Unknown said...

i laughed so loud in my office that my student worker wanted in on the excitement from across the hall.

I love screamy face.

Sarah Mae said...

I love your little Screamy Face. I also have to laugh out loud when I read your posts. I am glad you're back to posting.

Anonymous said...

i read your blog in the library. then i got kicked out for laughing. SF is still my favorite. and i know i am still her favorite. sorry mere.

Tracy~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
Trace~

Anonymous said...

Have you tried keeping a heating pad by the crib? Keep it laying on the matress where SF lays, then when it's time to lay her down, pick up the heating pad and her spot is nice and warm.

It's worth a try. Post and let us know if it works.

baby