Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Around Town

Three things:

A. Starkville seems to have a new sushi restaurant. I saw it today while trying to get across Main Street during the Johnny Cash festival. I was not able to attend said festival, but it caused me great distress while trying to get across town. I can enjoy a little JC every now and then, but it's not something I seek out. Anyway, today I noticed the Sushi on Main sign right next to Big Daddys restaurant. I'm hoping to try it out when Mere gets home for Christmas, since Jack doesn't do sushi. I couldn't eat it while I was pregnant, and technically it probably isn't the best idea while SB is still SOTT, but I think I can eat a few California rolls and give her a bottle afterward.


2. I saw a guy wearing a Dunder Mifflin t-shirt today. Awesome.


D. I've saved the last and most devastating bit of information for last. Mere, Claire and LT- you might want to prepare yourself for this. It's not good news.

LJs is closing.
I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I don't know what I will do without their White Chocolate Mochas and Chai Tea. Also, they have wonderful muffins. Apparently, it's becoming a little too much for Leona to handle, and I'm sure competition is pretty stiff with the new B&N on campus. They are trying to sell the business, but if it doesn't sell by the end of the year, they will probably close. Don't ask me where I got this information. It may not be public knowledge yet.
Well, I guess it is now.
Leona will be greatly missed. Also her bubbly personality. I'm thinking of writing a poem for her. Maybe later.

5 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

this is an OUTRAGE. blog post to follow.

LT (and Max) said...

1. i love sushi. let's go sometime. UMI is fantastic and i'm, too looking forward to trying the new one on main.

2. i need a dunder mifflin tshirt.

3. WHAT????? NO MORE LJ'S????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It cannot close!! Mere, Ya, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS? I know! Let's buy it!!

Unknown said...

no more LJ's? That was my senior PR campaign subject! I got an A! How did this fail?

On another note, i love sushi AND JC. Truth be told, I listened to him quiet often

Tracy~ said...

I love some JC and would have gone had I known there was a festival in his honor. Maybe then we could have had a Phase Ten game or two.

I want a Dunder Mifflin t-shirt too. It's on my Christmas list.

baby