Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, October 29, 2007

Pepto Bismol, Anyone?

Sorry I missed your call. I've been busy scrubbing poop out of our carpet. Want to hear a story?

Yesterday we took up our rug from the living room floor because it was looking a little lumpy. I commented to Jack about how nice and clean the carpet looked where the rug had been. It looked like we had just steam cleaned it or something. It is in fact new carpet, and since we have had the rug down since we moved in, no dirt has smudged it. Or should I say no dirt HAD smudged it.

Last night we had a drop in visit from some of our newlywed friends from Columbus. SB wasn't really behaving for her company, so I was holding her in my lap, trying to make her smile. She was so squirmy but I knew she wasn't hungry, so I finally got up to check her diaper.

I know you already know what is coming. Poop. everywhere.

It was all over my arm, shirt, pants, feet -ask Jack; I am NOT exaggerating. Thankfully, it wasn't on the couch, but she did leave a huge yellow pile on our white, previously unstained carpet, which I have been scrubbing all morning.
The good news for SB is that since she's been having lots of diaper explosions lately, she's been getting lots of baths, which she loves. I think she's pooping on purpose now. Anyway, I got some cute photos of her in the robe that Claire gave her after her bath the other night.



I wanted to get a better one of the robe so you could see how cute it is, but SB wasn't as excited about it as I was.



The good news is that the carpet seems to be recovering nicely. My clothes, however, may not be so lucky. We shall see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! pictures in the robe! miss her. and you. come visit me.

Tracy~ said...

Bless her heart! And yours!!! Fun times, fun times. I love the picture of her screeching.

I'm up for phase ten anytime. Bring it :)

The Texas VicHorns said...

sick man. I'm kidding. I can't WAIT to hold her!!!!

baby