Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, March 25, 2010

SB said:

We went to the bank a few weeks ago, and SB has learned that the tellers will often give her a sucker if they notice her in the backseat. She was of course yelling for a sucker, and the kind man behind the glass was happy to oblige. He asked which color she would like, and SB said "blue." Dum Dums make blue raspberry and cotton candy suckers, both of which are blue. So he sent her one of each. As we were driving away, Jack made the discovery and said,

"SB! He sent you TWO suckers!"

SB said, "Two suckers??? He's a good man!"


A few days ago, I was getting dressed, and SB was anxiously waiting as she hopped back and forth on each leg. She knew we were going to Wal Mart, and that usually involves a ride on the horsey. I finally finished getting ready, and SB exclaimed,

"Looking goooooood, mama. Looking GOOD! Now let's rock and roll!"

She has also been telling us that she wants a baby brother and a baby sister. If she gets a baby brother, she will name him Tiny Tim. We have been talking a lot about my sister's pregnancy and how baby Madeleine lives in Aunt Meredith's tummy. SB has been taking it all in. When Jack arrived home from work last night, SB met him at the door and announced,

"Daddy! I have a baby in my tummy!"

Jack paused and then said to me, "Well, I've been wondering how I would react if SB ever told me that. I think I handled it quite well."

SB also likes to tell people that she is "getting a baby."

I have one more story, and although it didn't come from SB, I think it is still worth sharing. This one is from my six-year-old niece, Mary. Her grandmother asked her if she knew what Easter was, and after much thought she answered, "I think so. Isn't that when God created the Easter Bunny?"

And finally, I have a quick update on my recent post about my experience with the county clerk while trying to get a new license plate sticker. In case you missed it, you can read it here:

http://emilyredwood.blogspot.com/2010/02/ill-be-helpful-when-im-dead.html

Last week, someone from that office called BOTH of my parents SEPARATELY in order to verify MY recent address change.

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i love everything about what went on in this blog post.

Anonymous said...

confession, unrelated to this post (though I love it):

In your previous post, one of the spammers was me. I was "Anon."

Sorry.

whew. glad I got that off my chest.

claire

Deena Shelton said...

So, I just want you to know I read your blog often. I really like getting updated on your life and little SB! Just thought I'd drop by and say "hi" this time!

Alison said...

SB is hilarious... and cute too :)

Wade's World said...

Love this post!

baby