Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I want JUICE!

Shortly after arriving home from Texas, SB had another surprise in store for her father and me. We were standing in the kitchen when she ran up to us and announced,

"I want juice!"

Her first sentence.

Prior to this occasion, SB had never even put two words that she knew together, like "Bye Daddy" or "Please Mommy", even with great coaxing. She just wasn't ready. But she was ready now.

Jack and I just stood there in shock for a minute. Jack looked up at me and said incredulously,

"Did she just say, 'I want juice.'?"

Me: "I think so!"

Jack: "Well, then she should have some juice!"

SB drank juice all day until it was coming out of her ears. And ever since, it has been a constant string of "I wants" around the Redwood home. Her favorites? Juice, cheese and shoes.

Every morning when we get her out of bed, the first thing we hear is, "I want shoes, I want shoes, I want shoes, I want shoes, I want shoes..." until we put shoes on her feet. It's not enough for her just to hold them. They must be worn. She has learned that in order to go outside, she must be wearing shoes. So once she gets her shoes on, she gets her hat and coat, then makes a break for the door.

In the high chair, it's constant begging, switching back and forth between " I want juice" and "I want cheese." And heaven forbid you take her shoes off during this marathon.

I'm working on a more varied diet, as cheese and juice are only a small portion of the pyramid. Sometimes she can be convinced to eat chicken, but don't come anywhere near my child with a vegetable.

Anyway, I've got to run as it is time for dinner. Looks like cheese.

4 comments:

laura beth said...

i LOVE this story! SB is the smartest little girl in all the land.

Lori Robertson said...

Yay for SB!!!

Amy Jordon said...

Makes me think of that cell phone commercial where the girl talks incessantly to her mom almost from birth until her mom finally hands her a cell phone. Hmm, bet they make one in SB's size. She can call Andrew and tell him about putting her shoes on and he can tell her all about how NOT to run over Thomas the Train on the way out. (:

Tracy~ said...

Looks like Jack will need to start a shoe fund for Miss SB! She is so cute!

baby