Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bell Bell Ding Ding

The line was long. Excitement was thick.

Two seats were on stage?? Could it be true? Did he perhaps bring a famed guest along for the show? My money was on Slater, but unfortunately, the second chair was just for some student who was there to ask him a few questions during the show.

I didn't take a picture of her. She is of no consequence. Mr. B. was in full form, and I do mean full. He's put on quite a few lbs since the 90s.

Anyway, he talked a lot about how he got his start in the biz- did anyone know that he used to be in the music business? He was an agent and a concert promoter He actually represented GREG ALLMAN of the Allman Brothers before he got into acting! I think he also worked with Tom Jones for a while. Isn't that insane?

And he talked mostly about SBTB. He asked audience members for their favorite episodes, and I shamlessly yelled, "JOHNNY DAKOTA!" You remember, the too cool actor who came to Bayside to film an anti-drug commercial... "There's no hope with dope!"

Mr. B. laughed and gave me the inside scoop on Johnny. In real life, he was actually dating Kelly at the time, so SBTB producers gave him an episode to promote his acting career. Unfortunately, Kelly was trying to dump him and get with Slater, so it made for a very uncomfortable shoot.

I think Mr. B. remembered me later on in the evening, when he asked if anyone wanted to play SBTB trivia. He picked a few people to come on stage and try their hand at a few questions. Yours truly was the first one on stage.

There were a few guys who thought they knew everything, but it turned out, they didn't know quite as much as they talked.

Mr. Belding presents the winner:


It's me! It's me!

The question that won it all? Who was the teacher that kept detention? See below for the answer.

So Mr. B. autographed my prize, we posed for photos, and thus ended my brush with fame.


Mr. B. autographs my prize. Notice the look of disappointment on the face of the girl in the background. She musta forgot.


Me with prize.

A glossy, black and white 8x10 of the cast. It says:


To Emily
#1!
"Mr. Belding"
Dennis Haskins.





Truly, a night to remember.


Mr. Dewey: algebra teacher, taekwondo enthusiast, keeper of detention

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

beautifully written, em. just beautiful

Rob Redwood said...

That is awesome, sis. And that's ridiculous that you remembered Mr. Dewey's name.

Unknown said...

laughing so loud. seriously. If i used the abrev. LOL, I would be using it now.

thanks for sharing

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

How could anyone forget mr dewey?? he once tried out for american gladiator.

and heather, i did some research, and no dice on waiter tony. but nice try anyway.

Tracy~ said...

You are wonderful! This post made me crack up! I told my coworkers about your brush with fame yesterday after we had a SBTB discussion at lunch! They were jealous.

ps - I'm back to blogging, I think!

baby