Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, August 18, 2008

Here Comes Treble

What can I say? SB has been a little bit of a pill lately. She's very mobile, and that has created more than one problem for us.




She was playing nicely in the middle of the floor a few days ago while Jack and I were busy watching "I Love Money." We looked up at the commercial break to find that SB had pulled herself up to the coffee table and helped herself to the box of Kleenex that was sitting on top of it. She had already emptied most of the box, and she had a FIT when we took it away. As a peace offering, she did offer to give one to me.





She has also discovered the stairs in our house. Thankfully she found them while she was already downstairs and not while she was up. Jack and I got to her when she was about halfway up. I bought and installed safety gates the very next day.




She was a little distressed when she realized that she could no longer reach the trash can. Did I mention that I also caught her pushing over the kitchen trash can? She was diving in just when I reached her, so I was able to keep most of the goo off of her.

She's also decided that she HATES her car seat. Now that she can move around, she does NOT appreciate being confined. She made this perfectly clear on our trip to Memphis last week. (She screamed the whole way.) It really made me rethink my upcoming trip to Jackson, but I'm dying to see my girlfriends, so DNW Amy, SB and I are coming (with sedatives).

Sometimes when I am alone at home and have to shower or call a client, I have to put her in her cage, aka, the pack and play. She is most unhappy when it's time for the cage, even though I shower her with toys. She insists on being free to roam at all times.



But she's not all bad. I will be posting a video shortly to show you her newest accomplishment. She knows what the puppy dog says, and enjoys barking at the neighbor's dogs whenever we go outside. She's very ferocious.

2 comments:

Amanda Gregory said...

So cute! Happy Birthday, too! I also love how she's already digging through the trash! She knows how to go after Chase's heart.

Tracy~ said...

Happy Birthday!

She is precious! I have a picture of my boys in the bathroom with the Costco size toilet paper (53006 rolls)all unrolled. They make me laugh :)

Enjoy!

baby