Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Many Happy Returns of the Valentine's Day


We have just returned from a long weekend at the beach. We rented 3 houses and met 8 other couples for three days of beach bumming. It was glorious.

"In February?" you might ask.

Again I say, it was glorious. I don't know why people go to the beach in the summer, when it's 115 degrees and so crowded that you can't even find enough sand to put a towel down. The temperature was in the 70s, and we had a blast laying out, playing horseshoes and introducing SB to the sand.



She had a fabulous time, laying out under her umbrella, throwing her toys into the sand and watching me retrieve them.

This trip was our Valentine's Day gift, and I must say Jack certainly outdid himself this year. Much better than 2005-the year Jack had to work late, forgot Valentine's Day, and I ended up with what was left on the Walgreen's valentine aisle.


A boxer-shaped box of chocolates and a pair of socks.

Anyway, I hope you all had a successful holiday, with lots of chocolate, red roses and a cute boy to kiss. I know I did.

6 comments:

laura beth said...

i love it. SB looks like such a big girl under her umbrella! miss you guys.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Love the photos. Miss the beach. SB is the cutest. Send me more pics.

Claire said...

SB is my favorite baby. She looks like Jack's mini-me (only not a midget)

That picture of her on the beach is PRICELESS!!

Tracy~ said...

I am jealous. I love and miss the beach. I'd go any day, any time - rain, sleet, snow. Doesn't matter.

SB is so darn cute. Seriously. I love her cheeks.

PS - I don't get your previous post :)

LT (and Max) said...

i love your child.

glad the beach trip was a good one!

Katie said...

I LOVE your pictures! Dustin and I are coming to Starkville March 1 for a wedding that afternoon...If ya'll don't have plans maybe we can spend the night and hang out??

baby