Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Monday, February 25, 2008

Go back in, go back in!

Well, SB broke a tooth through last week. I've blamed that thing for many a foul mood over the course of the days preceeding this glorious event.

Last Thursday was a pretty big day for us. While we were dancing a little jig around our accountant's office, Jack's grandmother was watching SB. While she was there, she cut her first tooth, played on her tummy and learned how to crawl. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit on the crawling part, but she totally scooted like 2 feet across their floor. She's so smart. We are definitely going to have to send SB to the grandparents more often.

Anyway, she's been getting very angry with me every time I put her on her stomach to play. She prefers her back, but the bald spot is really getting in the way of her career as a pageant star. We're considering hair plugs, but before we make that leap, I thought I'd try tummy time.

She always yells at me whenever I put her on her stomach, and I told Jack's grandmother that she was welcome to try it but that SB would certainly scream. However, as soon as Gran put her down on her stomach, SB pulled her little legs underneath her and vaulted herself across the floor. Then she cried. However, this was a major victory for us.

So I picked her up and let her chew on my finger to calm her down, and BAM-she nearly drew blood. Sure enough, I checked her mouth and there was a tiny little (sharp) tooth sticking through. It was a very exciting time for us. I tried to take a picture, but every time I pull her lip down, she sticks her tongue out so I can't see.

A second tooth is trying desperately to poke through next to the first one, and SB has been giving me fits the past few days about it. Poor kid. I bet it hurts. So that thing needs to hurry up and show itself, or I'm going to lose my mind.

She spent the past week sleeping through the night- again, a teaser. When those teeth started sprouting, it's been bye bye bedtime. Lately, one of the few things that will calm her is watching a television show called "The Backyardigans." Whenever the rather catchy theme song begins to play, SB lights up and shuts up. It's been a life saver on more than one occasion. We took a short video of her watching the show, and as soon as it finishes uploading, I'll post it for your entertainment.

In the meantime, she's awake from her very brief nap, so it's off to work I go.

3 comments:

Tracy~ said...

loved teething. So much fun.

I always swore my kids would never watch Barney. But one day I decided that I really did have to clean without them following and destroying and turned it on. They didn't move. Not one centimeter. I love Barney.

The Texas VicHorns said...

a tooth AND crawling! this is too much. what a brilliant baby!

I saw the video on your vimeo account. that is awesome.

I MISS YOU. gchat soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, SB's almost ready for Milford Academy.

baby