Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Friday, January 6, 2012

Where are you Christmas?


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas; we certainly did! We spent lots of time with family, more than usual this year, I think. And I got some great photos of the girls, as you can see.



SB had a grand time playing with all of her cousins. My nephew Jacob, who just turned 13 yesterday (Happy Birthday, Jake!!), is such a sweet guy. He is the second oldest of all his cousins, but he doesn't mind playing punching bag for the little ones. They had a fabulous time punching and jumping on him, wrestling him down to the ground as he feigned defeat. SB either didn't appreciate or just didn't understand that Jacob was just playing along for their amusement. So in the middle of a 5-on-1 wrestling match, she grabbed him by the arm and marched him to the couch. She sat him down and told him he was in jail. When he asked why, she said, "You look like a ballerina out there! Sit down; I'm doing you a favor!!" Where does she come up with this stuff?


Poor Jacob.

Christmas morning was so exciting. Annie woke up grinning as though she knew it was a special day. Every time I took a picture, which was a LOT of times, I would say "cheese" and she would give me the biggest, gummiest grin you've ever seen. It really was so adorable.


Waking up daddy on Christmas morning.




SB got tons of toys plus a stocking full of goodies. Annie got a few small things in her stocking too, which SB was happy to open for her. Among the things in Annie's stocking was a tiny plastic cell phone toy. SB has two REAL cell phones, as Jack and I recently got new ones and gave her our old ones with games, music and movies galore. But when SB pulled out that $3 Wal Mart check- out-line toy from Annie's stocking, she insisted that Santa had made a huge mistake. Surely that worthless toy was meant for her.



Annie was happy to share; all she really cared about was the fruit flavored puffs. So it all worked out in the end.


SB said to me yesterday, "Mom! It's Christmas again!" So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Happy New Year.

Tis the season for matching pajamas.

2 comments:

laura beth said...

Just now catching up on your blog. Turns out, you don't have as much time on your hands once you have a kid. But I LOVE all these pics of the girls! They are the cutest ever, besides Andrew.

Anonymous said...

Adorable pic's of Annie and SB. I did notice there was no picture of me. And I was there for 3 weeks. Whatevs.

baby