Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Message from Meredith

I spoke with Mere this morning, and she sounded great. Still no news from the PET scan but hoping to hear from doctor today. She asked that I post the following message from her:


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice!


God is so good. We are amazed at the lengths our God goes to to take care of his children. Please know that Vic and I are doing very well. We have had the most amazing experience since we got the news of my cancer on Monday late afternoon. In a matter of 24 hours we had an appointment with the top melanoma surgeon at UCLA medical center, probably the top in the US. He saw us yesterday, on a surgery day, and moved things around and people out of the way to make room for my surgery, scheduled for this Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. [10:30 central time] Amazing! Some very dear friends moved mountains behind the scenes to make that happen. We are forever grateful.


On top of that miracle, a very close, wonderful friend who lives in LA put his life on hold to make Vic and I feel at home while we are in LA. He picked us up from the airport at 7:00 a.m. (and if you knew Bruce, you would know that it is a miracle for him to rise before 10) and has chauffeured us all over LA and given us his beautiful home in Manhattan Beach. Bruce - you will never know how much we love and appreciate you and what you have done for us!


We have received hundreds of messages from friends and loved ones who are so diligently praying for us. How I wish I could personally thank each and every one of you! We are so humbled. Please keep them coming as we feel the arms of the Lord embrace us and carry us through this valley. He is with us!


We've had nothing but good news so far. Yesterday my chest x-ray was clear and my blood work appeared normal! Today, as we await the PET scan results, we put our hope in the author and finisher of our faith, whose mercies are new EVERY morning. Thanks be to God.


Friday morning we will arrive at 6:30 a.m. [8:30 central] Lymphatic mapping will be done an hour later and surgery at 8:30 [10:30 central]. Please continue to lift us up in your prayers.
He has given us "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow." Great is His faithfulness.


Love to all!
Meredith

8 comments:

laren said...

Such a great message Meredith! God will bless and keep you strong through this! We can't wait to see you back in Alpine! Love you - The Bridges Family

Unknown said...

Meredith,
We started praying for you the moment we found out, and will continue to do so. Hope you felt the prayers through the night. I prayed each time I was up with my babies!!
love~The Cantrells

Anonymous said...

I just love you so much Mere! Every thought of you and Vic is accompanied by prayer for you guys. I was very encouraged reading your post. As I prayed for you this morning in my quiet time, my prayer was for complete healing and my praise was that you not only were being seen by the top doctor at UCLA but most importantly that you were being held by The Great Physician! I love you! --your favorite cousin, Angela

Michelle said...

Meredith and Vic,

We worship a very big, loving, gracious God! Our prayers are with you.

Michelle

Cravens Jewelry said...

Praying for you still! So glad to hear what God is doing for you! Praying for complete healing and your continued strength!
Isaiah 62:11-12. "One nhing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you,O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving."
God bless you sweet friend!
Jodi

LT (and Max) said...

still praying for you precious friend. i'm so very proud of you! you are blessed to have so many people that love you. please tell vic that i said thank you for taking care of my best friend! God is good!

Alison said...

Hey Meredith,
My mom had stopped by the Redwood's blog today and called me to let me know what is going on with you. You and Vic will be in our prayers for clear Scan results and the surgery tomorrow am. Your faith during this time is such an encouragement.
Love
Alison

Deena said...

Just seeing all of this for the first time. Prayers are going up in East Texas for you guys! Praise God for clear test results!

baby