Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One More Redwood

I have some news. I've delayed telling for a while because I wanted to be sure.

But it's official.

Our family just got a tiny bit bigger. The news came as a surprise, but I am adjusting well, and the rest of our family is very happy about it.

Our little guy is small now, but he's growing every day. We have been to the doctor, and he said all is well, so it looks like our little guy has found a home.





Our new puppy, George Oscar Bluth, Gob for short.


You didn't think I was pregnant did you?? Heavens, no.


When Jack knocked on the door a few weeks ago, I thought he must have forgotten his keys. When I opened the door, I realized it was his mind that he had lost. He was holding a tiny ball of mangy, flea infested fur. I knew Jack wouldn't be bringing home a cat, so I assumed the lumpy mass was a dog, although my first guess was a baby hyena.

Jack: I brought home a friend for Oskey!

Me: No.

Jack: His name is Gob. Isn't he cute?

Me: No.

Jack convinced me to let it stay over the weekend to just see if we liked him. However, I insisted on an emergency vet visit. After being cleared by Dr. Smith, Gob had none of the nasty diseases I had been certain he was carrying like mange or rabies, it looked like I might not have a way out.

After the weekend and the vet bill, however, I felt like we had invested enough in the thing, and we might as well keep it. He's growing on me, for sure, and SB is thrilled that her puppy action has now doubled. She calls him "Bob" and asks about him every day. "Where's Bob?"



Gob (Bob) and Oscar: Best friends

6 comments:

The Texas VicHorns said...

I love it! Gob Redwood. I can't wait to meet he and Oscey. perhaps they will make the trip to the beach? i miss you all everyday.

harry said...

i seriously thought that i was finding out about your pregnancy on you freaking blog. i was SO MAD for about 15 seconds. i was already planning the awful things i would say to you when i finally reached the picture. very funny. not. Gob and Oskie look like they could be brothers.

Amy Jordon said...

Cute! How could you say no to such a cute little mottled face? (:
"Double the puppy time." Love it.

Haley said...

That's a cute puppy, where did Jack find him?

LT (and Max) said...

Gob and oskey. 2 of a kind.

have i ever told you how much i love you murphy girls? seriously. my faves.

Lori T said...

A friend sent me a link to your blog; she said you were "sarcastically funny". And I enjoyed your post.

I love Arrested Development! Why in the world did it only last 3 seasons. My husband and I didn't even watch it while it was on the air; we've watched all the episodes on hulu.

baby