Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Steve Wells: the Man, the Myth, the Photographer


Last weekend, Jack and I got to spend a little bit of time with one of Jack's best friends from high school. I've known Steve Wells for several years now, and I have forgiven him for not so discreetly writing "Jack don't do it" on a dry erase board during our rehearsal dinner.

Steve is a great guy, hilarious and lots of fun. Whenever we get together with all of Jack's buddies from high school, I always ask, "Is Steve going to be there?" If so, then you know it's going to be a party.

I got to see a different side of Steve on Saturday, when he whipped out his camera and went to work on SB. I knew photography had been a hobby of his for quite some time now, but he recently quit his job to go full time. I think it was a great decision.

He lives in Panama City Florida, but his family is still in Columbus, MS, so he is in the area every now and then if you need a good photographer. I know we are definitely going to get him to do this for us again in the fall.

If only I had known we were going to have a photo shoot, I would have cleaned Sarah Beth up a little bit after lunch and put a bow in her hair!! Her face was a MESS, hence the black and white close up pics. I still think the pictures he took turned out great, except for the family shots, which wasn't his fault as you will see.




SB didn't cooperate fully for the family photos.

You can see more of his work here. It's just pictures of SB. I am sure he has a web site, and I will post the link when I get it from him.

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i LOVE the black and white one of SB. so cute! and the family pic at the bottom is CLASSIC.

Amy Jordon said...

What great shots of Sarah Beth! Too bad she didn't smile for the fam shot. But maybe it will be more special that way. (:
Photogenic family.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Emily I love these!! He is a really great photographer.

Tracy~ said...

I love the one of her laughing! the family one made me laugh out loud. Classic for sure!

baby