Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Slumber Party!

Jack went out of town last weekend, so Sarah Beth and I had the house all to ourselves. Everything was going swimmingly until the second night when I tried to put SB to bed. She revolted. It was awful. She was sobbing,

"I wanna go night night mama!"

Interpretation: "Mom, if it's alright with you, I would like to sleep with you in your bed tonight."

This pitiful cry went on for over ten minutes before I caved. Jack was out of town, and I figured I could use the company. So I rescued her from her white wooden prison and carried her back to the couch with me for some cuddle time.

It wasn't until an hour and a half later that I looked at the clock and realized how late it was. Almost 9:30, and SB, who normally goes to bed by 8, was still wide awake and grinning from ear to ear.

I looked at her and asked,

"Are we having a slumber party?"

SB: "Mmm Hmm."

Me: "Well then, we need some midnight snacks!"

SB wanted to put on her favorite pajamas, which are way too hot for summer. However, we were having our first slumber party, and I felt it was only fair that she get to wear what she wanted. So we put on the hot pink footed flannel pjs, and I left them unzipped so she wouldn't sweat to death. She was so happy, she gave me a big kiss.



When I asked what kind of yummies she wanted, she yelled, "I want cheese!" and did a little dance around the kitchen.

SB excitedly shows off her cheese.


I opted for M&Ms, which I naturally had to share.

In the kitchen getting yummies. SB in the hot pink footies, me in the slanket.

When our chick flick was over, it was after ten. I realized I might have gone a little overboard with the M&Ms when I noticed SB trying to nosedive off the couch:

doing acrobatics on the loveseat:


and getting as close to my face as possible while jabbering incoherently about Bunny and Puppy.



I finally got her settled down, and she went almost willingly to sleep in her own bed by 11. I think our first slumber party was a huge success.

7 comments:

Rob Redwood said...

p.s. Love the Slanket.

LT (and Max) said...

so precious. be sure mere sees the pic of SB with the big smile on her face. she'll die!

Katie said...

She is too cute! And did you get a hair cut? I like it!

Unknown said...

this is adorable. I want to come to the next one.

laura beth said...

i can't handle this post. seriously, SB is too much!! i need one exactly like her.

also, it looks like you cut your hair and it looks fab. and i'm soo J of the slanket!!

please quit having so much fun without me.

Tracy~ said...

I think your hair looks great and I'm glad your first slumber party was a success! so cute!

Tracy~ said...

question - what is the order of the Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show movies? I think there is another one and I just can't remember but I want to get them together from Netflix :)

thanks! you can email me at tdain@midsouth.wish.org

baby