Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Silent Night

Three cheers for Screamy Face, who finally seems to be getting used to her nighttime schedule. I put her down at eight thirty last night, and she didn't eat again until 3:15. She's a good little girl.

I did wake up around 2, and, realizing that she hadn't woken me up, panicked. Even though it usually wakes her up when I go into her room to check on her, I did it anyway. She was fine, still snoozing away, and she didn't even wake up when I peeked in on her. So I went back to bed.

Now, if we could only get rid of the squirrels that have been hosting dance parties on our roof every night. I've almost gotten used to the sound of acorns pelting our roof every time the wind blows, but they don't just hit the roof and disappear. They hit the roof and roll down the slope, making very loud rolly noises. It's great fun for the squirrels, and convenient too, since no one has to make cookies for the dance parties when manna is falling from heaven.

Unfortunately for us, the acorn tree branches are strategically positioned directly over our bedroom. Thus the dance party guests tend to congregate there also. You can laugh if you want, but I'd like to see you try to sleep with a dozen squirrels scurrying over your head, chasing the hail-like acorns across your roof.

It's either that or we have R.O.U.S.'s living in our attic. True, I can't compete with them physically, but they're no match for my brains. I've put rodent traps on my Christmas list, so their days are numbered.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning, I'll definitely stick with the Sleep Sanctuary when I come over.

Nice PB reference by the way.

Unknown said...

so glad that SF is sleeping better. at least your bedroom window is not located 5 feet from the garage of two college girls who insist on smoking and giggling until the wee hours of the morning in their carport.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Texas VicHorns said...

she is a good little girl, that SB. like her aunt.

Tracy~ said...

Yay for SF! Soon you'll get a whole night's sleep and won't know what to do with yourself all refreshed and stuff!

Tracy~ said...

I was just unpacking some boxes and came across my all time favorite book that I used to read to my guys....

It's called, I love you, Stinky Face. You should pick it up... and substitute Stinky Face for Screamy Face!

Tracy~ said...

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

baby