Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ask your postal worker about forever stamps

I know you've all been wondering what to do in these strained financial times. It's been tough. You've all been wondering what to do: Buy? Sell? Pull out of the market entirely? (please don't do that. stupid.) So many of you have been wondering but perhaps afraid to ask me, Emily, what are you doing to protect your family's future? What's hot right now? Well friends, fear not. I am here with absolutely no credentials or qualifications to hand out financial advice, but I am going to hand it out like candy. I know. You're welcome. Here it is:

Stamps. Buy them. Whoa, there. Don't scamper off just yet. You can't just run rampant through town, buying up any old stamps you stumble upon. Nay. There is a special kind of stamp you must purchase. A magical stamp, if you will. It has the power to mail a letter any day of the week, any year of the millennium. It is officially called the forever stamp, but I prefer magical. While the cost of stamps continues to rise, these magical stamps will always work no matter how much you paid for them!

The magic stamps I bought last year in May at $.41 are now worth $.44! Isn't that incredible? A $.3 increase in only a year. And while all you suckers are paying a premium, I'm still passing my 41 centers for 44s.

You probably heard about this already, but the price of stamps just went up another two cents. I hope you heeded my advice last year and stocked up on magic stamps. They are worth even more now. If not, please consider your lesson learned. And don't say I didn't tell you:

See here.

Also, stay tuned for breaking Strange Brew vs McDonalds news. You know what I'm talking about.

Remember?

**I am also pleased to report that Oskey is now a full time outside dog and has yet to be eaten by any cats. Thanks for your concern.

1 comment:

Faith(ful) Reader said...

I'm saving my Forever stamps until stamps go up to like $10 a piece, then I plan to use them, while gloating (of course.)

baby