Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Dahday

Two weeks ago, we celebrated Sarah Beth's second birthday. I cannot believe my little girl is two years old!

Due to a long, lingering case of the flu, we didn't plan a giant celebration complete with 20 toddlers. I wasn't honestly thrilled with that idea anyway. We just had family over for hamburgers and ca-cakes, with a few rounds of the birthday song thrown in for SB.

And I do mean a few. We had to sing the song about 4 times before SB was truly satisfied. She loved opening her presents, especially the markers and paint set from Uncle Philip and Aunt Corrie, which I promptly put into the top of her closet to remain until she is at least 6 years old. She got to keep the crayons. Her other favorite present seemed to be the play kitchen we got her. However, when we opened it up, we found a thousand tiny, flimsy little plastic pieces. They weren't joking about assembly required. That one went back to Wal Mart.

Poor SB. Sounds cruel, right? We will get her another one. Thankfully, Tom and Nat saved the day with a pair of shoes. Seriously, she has worn them almost every day since. She is female, through and through. Purses and shoes are two of her favorite things.


The shoes


I told her last week that we were going shopping. She sucked in a deep breath of joy and exclaimed, "I want clothes and shoes!"

Blogger isn't having a great day today, so here are just a few photos from the big day.


Birthday cacake

Having fun with Uncle Tom and Aunt Nat


Caroline and SB with birthday umbrella.



It's a dachshund!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy B-day SB!

285 Lake Village Dr said...

she is too cute.

Amy Jordon said...

"Shoes and clothes!" That is priceless.

Rob Redwood said...

Um, I'm confused, how was there a blog posted about her favorite birthday presents without any mention of her favorite present of all, the Elmo phone...?

Tracy~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy~ said...

sorry about that! and yes, SBTB should be brought back! I don't know how I over looked that!

Happy Belated to SB :)

Angela said...

Wow, it has been too long since I visited your blog, Sarah Beth has grown so much! She is beautiful, and I loved hearing about her "female-ness" and fascination with shoes and purses. Ooooh, now I want a little girl!

Amy said...

I love her outfit!!! :)

Haley said...

Wow a love for shoes already at 2? Poor Jack..... Happy Birthday SB!

baby