Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wild, Wild West

SB sports her cowboy boots at the Gage Gardens

Sorry for the long delay. We had a fantastic time in Texas, and I could not have asked Sarah Beth to behave any better. Some of you know of her tendency to fuss in the car, and we had quite a trip planned:

A 2 hour trip in the car to the airport, then
Two plane rides to Texas, finally
A 2 1/2 hour trip in the car to Vic and Mere's house from the airport.

It was a long day, but SB took it like a champ. She wasn't sure about the first take off or landing in the plane, but she loved being able to run up and down the aisles during our brief layover in Houston and erupted into clapping and cheering when the plane touched down the final time. The lady across the aisle nodded and said, "I feel the same way."

We had a great time just hanging out with Vic and Meredith, seeing their new house and eating some fantastic authentic Mexican food.

We spent one day on the ranch where Vic works, and it was so beautiful, I feel like I can understand a little bit now why he is in no hurry to move back to MS.

Vic's boss has one of the largest private collections of what I like to call "old western stuff." This is a real covered wagon, and sitting atop it, I felt like I was right in the middle of Blaine's sesquicentennial celebration. Corky would have been proud.

I have brought you to California!

All in all, it was a very successful trip; the time just passed too quickly.

SB was so excited to see Aunt Mere, she nearly wet her pants.

Sarah Beth loved Aunt Meredith right away, and she bonded with Uncle Vic pretty quickly when he produced a handful of M&Ms.

SB gives Uncle Vic the thumbs up.

They both spoiled her rotten, and I still have not gotten her to eat a single bite of any kind of vegetable since we have been home. I'll be forwarding her dental bills.

Highlights of the trip? Every moment. Regrets? One.

I did not get to ride a horse the entire time I was in Texas. I blame Vic's horse, as it had an injured foot and could not be troubled to carry me around, even for a short distance. Next time, though. Next time.

Thank you so much, Vic and Meredith, for being such wonderful hosts to us. We miss you guys so much, and we want you to move home right away!

3 comments:

Amy Jordon said...

Cute! I'm so glad you three girls were able to make the trek to Texas. I know you were a very welcome sight at Aunty Mere's house.
Still a little confused about the reference to Blaine and Corky... (:

The Texas VicHorns said...

oh my goodness i miss you guys so much! and i love the video of SB counting. what a whiz kid.

i forgot to tell you that alpine is the "stool capital of the world".

stooooolllll booommmm....

Hilary said...

I some how found your blog through MSU connections. (I graduated from State in 05.) Your writing style is hilarious; I love it! I had to make a comment on this post though, not just everyone knows about Corky..."California's a sight for these weary eyes!" I heart Dr. Pearl.

baby