Our Sweet Sarah Beth

baby

Darling Little Debbie

baby

Friday, November 21, 2008

War of the Words


Those of you who live here may have seen this already, but it is my pleasure to share this with the rest of you.

Recently, McDonalds began advertising the addition of lattes to their menu. They even offered patrons a free sample. Fantastic. Good for them.
Not so good for the coffee shop next door. It has apparently been bad for their business. So the owner came up with such a brilliant slogan, he decided to post it on his large sign. It said, "Do you really want a clown making your coffee??"

Unfortunately, I was not made aware of this event until they had already changed the sign, so it was too late to get a picture.

The good news for you is, McDonalds doesn't take any crap from anybody, especially not any jabs at their beloved Ronald. The next day, this sign was proudly displayed on the corner of the highway, next to their entrance, which, coincidentally, is also next to the coffee shop entrance.



Just in case the photo is blurry, their sign says, "We're not clowning around. Free latte today." I had one. It was delicious. But I digress.

Not to be outdone, the coffee shop fired right back.


Free lattes at McDonalds but quality lattes at Strange Brew.

I don't know how many people tried the free McDonalds latte on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I drove by there again yesterday, and McDonalds had extended their giveaway. Free lattes again on Thursday! That made 3 days in a row!


Apparently very distressed by the marketing strategy of their new rival, the coffee shop owner posted a warning to potential McDonalds customers late yesterday afternoon.




We'll excuse the absence of the apostrophe since this is hilarious.


I can't wait to see what they have done today. It's freezing outside, but as soon as SB wakes up, I'm packing her into the car and taking my camer to investigate the scene. And maybe get another free latte. As a dedicated investigative journalist, I consider it my duty.

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

I LOVE IT! i can't believe i've been missing that action!

Amy Jordon said...

Hilarious is right. Thanks for the photo journalism. Maybe that will be your next career. (: Enjoy your free lattes!

Katie said...

I'm scared to leave you comments now, in fear that you will dissect (sp?) my grammar!

Thanks for this post, though! Hilarious!

Alison said...

wow.

Haley said...

I'm all about the strange brew as I used to work there and they have the best coffee! Just say no to McDonald's...

baby